This is the overall biography of Kiet Garret era covering his entire life, musical career and later life which happens to be very interesting to read.
Date of birth:
08 may 1945.
Daniel and Irma Jarrett
Place of birth:
Allentown, Pennsylvania United States.
Emmaus High school.
Berklee School of Music.
He married his first five margot Erney while in Emmaus high school.(divorced in 1971).
Married Rose anne (née colavito) in 1980 and He divorced her in 2010.
Gabriel and Noah.
Keith Garret is a famous American composer, jazz and classical music pianist. He was Born on 08, May, 1945 (current age 76)
Allentown, Pennsylvania, U S. Occupation(s): Musician, composer.
Music genres: jazz, classical and jazz fusion. active from 1966–2018
Record Labels he work with:
Jarrett began his music career with Art Blakey, later moving on to play with Charles Lloyd and Miles Davis. From early 1970s he has enjoyed a great deal of success as a group leader and a solo performer in jazz, jazz fusion, and classical music.
Awards in Kiet Garrets era:
His honors included the following:
- a Guggenheim Fellowship for composition.
- Rolling Stone’s Jazz Artist of 1973
- Down Beat’s Composer and Pianist of the Year in 1975.
- Solo Concerts–recorded in 1974–was named record of the year by Down Beat, Stereo Review, Jazz Forum, Time and the New York Times.
- the Polar Music Prize 2003, He was the first winner of both the contemporary and classical musician prizes.
- 2004 he won the Léonie Sonning Music Prize.
- His The Köln Concert album published in (1975) became the best-selling piano recording in history.
- 2008 Garret keith was inducted into the Down Beat Jazz Hall of Fame in the magazine’s 73rd awards.
He is suffering from a stroke since February 2018, which renders him unable to perform and a second stroke in May 2018, which left him partially paralyzed and unable to play with his left side of his body particularly his Hand.
Some of his famous Works:
- Life Between the Exit Signs , Vortex, 1967.
Solo Concerts: Bremen & Lausanne (triple-album), ECM, 1974.
- The Koln Concert , ECM, 1975.
Keith Jarrett at the Blue Note: The Complete Recordings (live), ECM, 1996.
- Mozart: Piano Concertos No.’s 21, 23 and 27; Symphony No. 40 , ECM, 1996.
- Foundations: The Keith Jarrett Anthology , Rhino, 1994.
- The Melody at Night with You , ECM, 1999.
- Whisper Not (live), ECM, 2000.
- Inside Out , ECM, 2001
Judging Kiet Garret era from the above study of his life and times gives us a detailed glance into all aspects of the life of the aazing enigma.